Is it safe to go to a dentist during the COVID-19 pandemic?
The COVID-19 pandemic had brought the entire world to a standstill. But with the passage of time, things are slowly coming back on track. Here at Deerfoot Dental, we often come across questions related to the safety of visiting dental clinics during the COVID-19 pandemic. It is due to this reason that we chose to come up with a blog that will provide an answer to all such questions and make people aware of things to be kept in mind while visiting their dentist during the pandemic. Therefore, if you have queries related to this topic, do go through the sections below.
The American Dental Association asked the dental clinic to stop providing any sort of dental service, non-urgent visits, and surgeries during the early phase of the pandemic. But, the need for professional dental services became very prominent with time and ultimately led to the opening of dental clinics all across the country.
Things you should keep in mind
Some of the things that you should keep in mind while visiting the dental clinics after they reopen are being mentioned in the pointers below.
- Make sure that the dental clinic you are supposed to visit is adopting all required measures to prevent the spread of the virus. This includes disinfecting the tools and all surfaces at the dental office in quick successions.
- The staff at the dental clinic should cover, clean, or replace the tools between multiple usages.
- You should wear the prescribed protective gear while visiting the dental clinic.
- It is advisable to cover your mouth with the help of a rubber dental dam.
Measures adopted by the dental clinic
Some of the measures that should be adopted by the dental clinic in order to ensure your safety during this global pandemic are -
You also need to differentiate between dental emergencies and the non-urgent dental treatments that can be stalled for now. Some such examples include professional teeth whitening, removal of teeth that don’t hurt, regular dental check-ups or cleaning, undergoing cosmetic treatments, X-rays of your mouth, etc. On the other hand, there are certain dental problems that should be addressed immediately and brought to the attention of trained dental professionals. They are -
- The clinic can space out the dental appointment to avoid the crowd at the office.
- You can be requested to visit the clinic a few minutes before the actual appointment for proper diagnosis and questioning purposes.
- The clinic might compel you to wear a face mask (if you do not wear any).
- You can be questioned about the recent places of travel.
- The dental clinic might ask if you have been in contact with someone suffering from the COVID-19 virus.
- You can be requested to visit the dental clinic alone.
- The staff can ask you to stand outside the clinic until they are prepared for you.
- The chairs in the room are to be placed 6 feet apart as a precaution against the spread of the virus.
We are proud to let you know that Deerfoot Dental is functioning in a full-fledged manner by complying with the guidelines provided by the American Dental Association (ADA) and CDC. Special emphasis is laid to maintain proper hygiene in the dental office. So, you need not keep your dental problems at bay anymore. If you are looking for the best dental treatments in Pinson, AL, contact Deerfoot Dental. We are here to help you with the best dental services possible. Start taking care of your oral health as it is never too late to do so. Thank you.
- Tremendous pain in your gums or teeth
- Tissues that require a biopsy
- Unstoppable bleeding from your gums
- Inflammation of areas in or around our mouth i.e face and neck
- Dental work which is needed for the cancer treatment
- The special care that has to be taken after a dental surgery
- Broken teeth leading to unbearable pain and tissue damage
- Getting hurt by the wires your traditional metal braces
- Dentures not functioning properly
- Losing a temporary crown or breaking one
- Suffering from dental trauma that is ultimately causing breathing issues